TOMORROW’S SOLUTIONS TODAY
How Does it Work?
Peaking plants are generally gas engines that burn natural gas which in turn generate electricity which is supplied to the grid. The engines and generators are housed within specially built containers (similar to the containers used for shipping freight by sea).
Gas generation projects (also known as STOR projects) are now our focus, as battery energy storage in the UK has been hit with a major blow after the government lowered the de-rating factor in capacity market auctions. This means that investors are no longer willing to invest in UK battery storage projects due to the low returns and unstable government policies. However, the good news is that the market for gas generation projects is buoyant.
We are looking for suitable locations to install this technology.
- Land between ¼ to 1 acre
- Located within 100m of a main power cable or an electrical substation
- Be a minimum of 100m from housing or other sensitive receptions, ie a school or hospital
- Within reach of a medium or intermediate pressure gas main
- We are looking for industrial land, which could even be a spare corner in a storage yard and land with a low agricultural grade that is not within greenbelt, AONB, SSSI or National Park. We will also consider industrial buildings.
The benefits to you:
- We will purchase the land or pay an annual rent in the region of £50k per acre (pro-rata) on a 25 year lease.
- Set-up and construction is completed within a short timescale with minimum disruption to you and any neighbouring land/properties.